Applications for Fastlaners are now open - APPLY HERE!
Having trouble securing your dream job? Or are you not even sure what your dream job might be?
Fastlaners is your ticket in.
UpRising’s employability programme will help you develop the tools and confidence you need to secure meaningful employment and kick-start your career.
Fastlaners runs entirely online for either one or three months to help you secure your dream job. Throughout the programme, you will be introduced to different employers, giving you a unique opportunity to explore what it’s like to work in a variety of sectors. You will gain insight into different careers and insider tips to securing them. Each session is different and designed to get you thinking about the skills and attributes that make you employable, covering everything from how you present yourself on a CV, how to conduct an online interview and networking skills.
After you've completed Fastlaners you can access three to twelve months of one-to-one employment support from a trained mentor, which includes reviewing CVs and cover letters, and interview preparation.
What will you do?
Over the course of the programme, you will take part in a range of online workshops and 1-2-1 sessions, including:
- Interview skills and mock interview practice with a professional
- Personal branding - how do you stand out from the crowd, whilst being true to yourself?
- Networking skills - how do you meet the people who will give you a job?
- How to write a strong CV
- Creative problem solving - a key skill employers are looking
- Speed networking sessions with a range of people from different professions
- Employer Q & A panels - so you can speak directly those those in the roles you want
- Resilience and wellbeing while job hunting
- One-to-one employment support from the UpRising team and from a personal professional mentor
Is Fastlaners right for me?
Are you unsure about what career you want? Have you lost your job or struggling to find your first role? Fastlaners will give you first hand exposure to different careers and sectors and you’ll have a chance to ask questions from the people working in them.
Not knowing what you want to do isn’t a requirement. If you know exactly what career you want but can’t seem to get a foot in the door, Fastlaners is a great fit for you.
To be eligible for the programme you must be:
- 18-25 years old
- Based in Greater Manchester
- Unemployed or facing redundancy
- Be legally resident in the UK and can take up paid employment within the EU